Saturday, 23 September 2017

Imperial Fists Primaris Sergeant

The second Primaris Marine Nana has finished from the 40k First Strike box is the Sergeant for her Intercessor squad.


She has used the same method as for her first Intercessor (yellow base colour, yellow drybrush , yellow wash, paint other details) but has also done a nice job of painting his face. As with the rest of the miniature, this has been accomplished by Nana using a simple method (Baneblade Brown base colour, Agrax Earthshade wash, then Baneblade Brown highlights) and doing it well.


With the yellow power armour of her remaining models already painted it shouldn't take Nana too long to finish painting her half of the set.

Monday, 14 August 2017

Imperial Fists Primaris Marine

Ever since she first started painting Nana has wanted to do a yellow space marine but I've always insisted yellow was too difficult. Having watched GW Duncan's video on a quick technique for painting yellow I decided it was time to let her have a go.


The whole model was base coloured with Averland Sunset, drybrushed with Hexos Palesun and washed with Casndora Yellow. All the details were base coloured and washed. As a finishing touch Nana has dusted his lower legs with Terracotta Earth from Secret Weapon to make it look like he has been walking through the red sands on his base.

Monday, 3 July 2017

Nana's Dire Avenger Exarch Finished

Nana's finished Dire Avenger Exarch, painted with her usual washes and highlights. She has attempted blending blues on the sword and has used a gloss glaze for the first time (on the blade and his jewels).


Saturday, 24 June 2017

WIP Dire Avenger Exarch 2

After a long break from painting, Nana resumed work on her Dire Avenger today. His armour has received 2 highlights of Macragge Blue and some old Ultramarines Blue. 


She also wanted to do a diamond sword (Minecraft?) so I took the opportunity to get her attempting to blend. On the blade she has used feathering to blend from Macragge Blue near the hilt, through Calgar Blue, to Ulthuan Grey at the tip.

Next up is highlighting of the bone coloured areas.

Sunday, 20 November 2016

WIP Dire Avenger Exarch


Nana is intermittently working her way through painting a Dire Avenger Exarch. As it stands, she has applied base colours and washes to the Exarch himself. After highlighting him she will move onto his weapons and back banner (which she still needs to come up with a design for).

Monday, 17 October 2016

WIP Mounted Blood Angel

When Nana wanted the "boss" of her Space Marines to ride a horse, I dug out the plasticard and some old bits and built a steed for her Blood Angels Captain to ride.


She has worked hard at highlighting the horse's coat, has blended her reds well on the barding and has painted pupils on it's eyes as well.

The captain himself is set to go as well and is now waiting to be painted. Although with Nana now working on a Dire Avenger Exarch, the poor guy may be waiting for some time.



Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Nana's first Ork. Highlighting the green flesh proved a real challenge for her but I'm really proud of her effort. She has chosen red as a unifying colour for her Orks but has elected to use it quite sparingly (on things like armbands and weapons).


Nana's work on the chainsword is my favourite part of this model. She has used Nuln Oil to weather the whole weapon and then used Agrax Earthshade to further 'dirty up' certain areas. This was also Nana's first attempt at using the GW blood paint and, with a little verbal coaching, has done a fantastic job of bloodying up the weapon.